April 6, 2009

Nobody's Fault (lyric)

I am watching you climb into the waiting car
And this might be a good time to say don't go, but I won't say don't go
'Cause there is nothing I can do to change the way things are
And anything I could tell you, you already know
If there had been someone who came between us,
if there had been some kind of fight
It might be easier
For me to say goodbye

But you are leaving, and I won't hold you
I am not going to make this hard
You'll be somebody else's sunshine
I'll be someone else's star
'Cause when you take a flight of fancy,
Sometimes you fly, sometimes you fall
And there is no one to blame here
It's nobody's fault

I won't take the coward's refuge
And I won't say it was a waste of time, that you were wrong for me
You were the reward for all my patience
You were my lighthouse in the dark and silent sea
You were the coin inside the fountain,
a comet through the sky
The wish in the wishing well
But now the well's run dry

Maybe we just ran out of wishes
Maybe we just ran out of time
Maybe we just turned different corners
You'll have your journey, I'll have mine
'Cause when you take a flight of fancy,
Sometimes you fly, sometimes you fall
And there is no one to blame here
It's nobody's fault

No comments: