January 19, 2008

Come Away (Dreamloss)

"Come away, O human child,
to the waters and the wild,
with a faerie hand in hand,
for the world's more full of weeping
than you can understand."
- W.B. Yeats, "Stolen Child"

Come away with me, my love,
down to where the stars go dancing,
where shadows come to sleep
like children tired from play.

Come away, oh come with me,
to a place where the ancients linger,
where the breath of forgotten gods
stirs the dust that had once been
their temples and cathedrals.

We will dive into a sea
warm as the breath of lovers,
and hear the music rise
like mist above the hills.

We will listen to the sky
whisper like a mother,
and walk the darkened paths
where memories fear to tread.

"Come away with me," I cried,
and he smiled, and made to follow,
and to this day, I still dream
of his hand upon my hand.

"Come away - " but it grew light
as my world grew dark and hollow,
and so much more full of weeping
than I can ever understand.

No comments: